Melt Cosmetics Honey Thief Blush Review & Swatches
Melt Cosmetics Honey Thief Blush ($22.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with strong,w arm undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though it was powdery to the point where it sheered out a bit when applied and blended out initially. It was pigmented enough that I wouldn’t describe the formula as buildable, which was how it was supposed to be. The texture felt finely-milled and silky, despite the powderiness, and it blended out well on my skin. It lasted nicely for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Coral Beams #4 (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B306 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- KIKO 102 Natural Pink (P, $12.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Shortbread (P, $10.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Dolline (P, $37.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Kaja Pink Cloud (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Like Me, Love Me (P, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Peaches and Cream (P, $9.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride I (LE, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Inner Blush (PiP, $10.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$22.00/0.17 oz. - $129.41 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage that "melts into skin flawlessly." They were quite pigmented--opaque in one layer--where less was more, particularly if you actually desired buildable coverage out of the product. The texture was thin, smooth, and silky with moderate powderiness in the pan. The blush blended out well on my skin and didn't appear dry nor were they prone to emphasizing my skin texture. They lasted eight hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon 12, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Yellow Oxide (Ci 77492), Red Oxide (Ci 77491), Black Oxide (Ci 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
I finally understand the near cult status of this blush in certain circles! It is absolutely lovely and has that perfect neutral balance going on that allows it to work on more olive complexions. Getting!
It’s a really subtle shade and would work well on the right complexion – a shame it wasn’t more perfect in formula.