Melt Cosmetics Ghostlight Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a pale gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. The glow was very smooth without being metallic or frosted, so it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture at all. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which wasn’t as described (it was supposed to be buildable), which was the biggest “downside” to the shad. The consistency was smooth, blendable, and just a little powdery in the pan, but it applied evenly and blended out with ease on my skin. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading a bit on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Give In Take Blush I (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Santorini (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Chanel Or Blanc (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- LORAC Star Reader (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Extra (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Snowlit (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Electrify (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Good as Gateau (LE, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Rosy Glow (Left) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Albatross (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Mica, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.