Melt Cosmetics Fire Fury BlushlightMelt Cosmetics Fire Fury Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a rich, deeper plum with subtle, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. The texture was incredibly smooth, almost cream-like, with a denser consistency that wasn’t too firmly pressed in the pan, so it was still yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand for lighter coverage. It had rich color coverage in a single layer where a little went a long way, but thankfully, it was very blendable and easy to work with. The only downside is that it is marketed as a more buildable formula, which it definitely wasn’t! It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Bordeaux Brat (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Pomegranate (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Cheerio (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Buxom Goa (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Here You Go (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Black Up NBL 03 (P, $26.50) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Ferocious (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Wrapped Candy (P, $31.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Exotic (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Under My Plum (LE, $31.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lauroyl Lysine, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Carmine (Ci 75470).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.