Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream BlushMelt Cosmetics Cali Dream Blush ($22.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a pop of medium orange with warm undertones that leaned slightly pinker but still more orange than coral. The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled so that it felt quite silky to the touch, but it was moderately powdery in the pan and was easy to over-apply as a result. It had rich pigmentation in a single layer, though it was marketed as buildable, so that was a “miss” (it might be a deal-breaker for some or a happy surprise for others!). The blush applied evenly and blended out easily along the edges. It wore well for eight hours on my skin before showing signs of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Final Cut (P, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Fame (LE, $29.00) is lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Apricot (P, $21.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Fortunate (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Shook to the Coral (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Mickey (Shade) (DC, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (Blush) (PiP, ) is lighter, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Miami (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Get Leid (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
$22.00/0.17 oz. - $129.41 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage that "melts into skin flawlessly." They were quite pigmented--opaque in one layer--where less was more, particularly if you actually desired buildable coverage out of the product. The texture was thin, smooth, and silky with moderate powderiness in the pan. The blush blended out well on my skin and didn't appear dry nor were they prone to emphasizing my skin texture. They lasted eight hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon 12, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain (+/-): Yellow Oxide (Ci 77492), Red Oxide (Ci 77491), Black Oxide (Ci 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.