Maybelline Opal (050) Master Holographic Prismatic Highlighter ($9.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a pale white base with silver to lavender sparkle. It had a glittery, metallic finish with a noticeable texture from the amount of sparkle–there wasn’t a strong base powder, just lots of glittery bits and pieces. It had some shine but it had more of a sparkle that I could see in person. It pressed and patted against the skin, it was fairly pigmented, but as soon as I started to diffuse and blend out the edges, it sheered out quite a bit. It worked best applied over another product, as it seemed to need a more contrasting base to really shine (pun intended, I suppose). The powder felt soft, loose without being too powdery, and it applied fairly evenly. On me, there was a fair amount of glitter that had fallen off or traveled during the six hours it lasted for.
It’s a fun product to play with if you love glitter and don’t mind the pitfalls of it, and the adherence could be improved by patting it on over damp foundation, using it with a dampened brush, or patting over a cream base.
- Anastasia Ethereal (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Spellbound (LE, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Aurora (P, $44.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Magic (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 6 Frozen Turquoise (P, $21.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Admiral (LE, $30.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Eternal Sunshine (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Unicorn (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Luxurious Bling (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Smashbox Rose Glitz (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker, less pigmented (90% similar).
Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dimethicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide.