Maybelline Iridescent (100) Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter ($9.99 for 0.67 oz.) is a pale pink with subtle, cool undertones and a frosted shimmer. It had medium, buildable coverage in a single layer, which could also be spread and thinned out for sheerer coverage.
The formula is supposed to have a “micro-pearl liquid” texture that can be used “alone, [mixed] with primer, [mixed] with foundation, or [as a] spotlight” on the face. It had a smooth, lightweight feel on the skin with a thin consistency that wasn’t runny nor was it really thick, but it was thicker than the average liquid highlighter that I’ve come across (especially for anyone who wants to mix with their liquid foundation). The shimmer particles seemed larger, too, compared to most liquid highlighters, which may or may not work for one, depending on personal preferences.
I had no trouble getting a moderate sheen when patted on top of cheeks as a spot highlighter, and it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. I didn’t have any too much trouble blending it out when worn on top of liquid foundation, but it did apply best over bare skin. Worn alone, it lasted for seven and a half hours on me. When I tried mixing it with liquid foundation, it took more product to feel like everything was well mixed prior to applying, and it seemed like a lot of noticeable shimmer all over the face. I think the texture ran too thick and the particle size too large to work as well as an all-over highlighter.
- Dior Pink Glow (02) (P, $50.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Charming Pink (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Wicked (LE, $26.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Burberry No. 03 Pink Pearl (P, $68.00) is darker, more pigmented, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Peachlight (Top) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Starlight (P, $9.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Moonlight (P, $23.00) is darker, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Pink Glow (002) (P, $50.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Vintage Velour (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
Aqua / Water / Eau, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone / Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Acrylamide / Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Dipropylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Citric Acid. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.