Liquid Lustre Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Lustre Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a medium, coppery brown with warm, rosy undertones and a metallic sheen. It had buildable coverage from sheer to medium opacity. The shimmer particle size seemed a bit larger, and it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture just slightly at medium or greater coverage when worn as a standalone highlighter. It had a smooth, lightweight, and thin consistency that wasn’t as thin as water but didn’t feel gel-like either. The product applied evenly and smoothly to bare skin and did not lift my foundation up when I tried it over my base. It spread evenly across the skin and stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Pose (LE, $7.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Nova (P, $39.00) is darker, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Bronze Hero (LE, $21.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coppin Ice (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $41.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #20 (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Bora Bora (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (DC, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Inspiration (P, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Freak Like Me (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.