Liquid Lustre Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Lustre Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a medium, coppery brown with warm, rosy undertones and a metallic sheen. It had buildable coverage from sheer to medium opacity. The shimmer particle size seemed a bit larger, and it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture just slightly at medium or greater coverage when worn as a standalone highlighter. It had a smooth, lightweight, and thin consistency that wasn’t as thin as water but didn’t feel gel-like either. The product applied evenly and smoothly to bare skin and did not lift my foundation up when I tried it over my base. It spread evenly across the skin and stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Huda Beauty Bora Bora (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Inspiration (P, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Stride of Pride (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Spellbound (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H312 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Golden Bronze Glow (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Happy Camper (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay O.N.S. (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Styrene / Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Propylparaben, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).