Liquid Luminous Luna
Makeup Revolution Liquid Luminous Luna Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light white with subtle, warm undertones and a luminous finish. It lightened and brightened the area I applied it, so it might not work as well for all skin tones, but anyone who finds most highlighters too dark for them will likely find this one worth looking into. It had semi-sheer, buildable pigmentation that applied evenly and smoothly over my skin, and it did well patted over liquid foundation and did not lift up my base products either. The texture was lightweight, thin with some slip but not enough to feel or look greasy on my skin. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Urban Decay Luminous (P, $28.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Snow (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Pearl (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 01 White (P, $68.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Glow Watcher (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Where the Dreamers Go (LE, $2.99) is more muted (90% similar).
- LORAC Fortune (LE, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 01 White (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Pearl (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Pearl (P, $10.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.