Liquid Euphoric Gold
Makeup Revolution Liquid Euphoric Gold Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a light gold with warm, yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. The consistency was thin but not watery and had some slip, almost like an oil-based product, but it didn’t feel overly slippery or greasy on my skin and d. The liquid highlighter was buildable from sheer to mostly opaque coverage, and the color and pearl spread evenly over my cheek bones without lifting up base product. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Bliss (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- NYX Daytime Halo (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Crystal Nebula (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NYX Crystal Glare (P, $6.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Champagne (2) (P, $44.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Boujee Call (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass Champagne Flash (P, $42.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 02 (P, $62.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Sunlit (P, $32.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.