Makeup Revolution Liquid Ethereal Liquid Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.60 oz.) is a soft pink with subtle, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It seemed almost metallic when worn heavily, but from sheer to semi-opaque coverage levels, it was luminous and glowing without appearing overtly shimmery. The consistency was lightweight, fluid, and thin but not too watery, so it spread evenly across my cheekbones but did not lose its sheen or pigmentation (except as I wanted it to!). It was easy to work with on top of liquid foundation, bare skin, or mixed in with foundation or moisturizer. It wore well on my cheekbones (as a standalone product) for nine hours.
- L'Oreal Daybreak (P, $14.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Starlight (P, $9.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H102 (P, $23.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Iridescent (100) (P, $9.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Dior #002 (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #01 (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Devotion (P, $44.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Spellbound Glow (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Gleamer (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.6 oz. - $15.00 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "buildable" liquid highlighter that is available in seven shades. They have a thin consistency that has a little more slip to it than water (almost an oiliness without being a true oil), which helped it spread more evenly on the skin without lifting base products or sheering out too readily. I had no trouble mixing the formula into liquid foundations, primers, or moisturizers or patting onto bare skin (or made-up skin) as a standalone highlighter. The effect of the highlighter was subtle to moderate, depending on application, amount applied, and whether it was layered. Most shades were buildable from semi-sheer to semi-opaque, though I noticed that they looked lighter and more similar applied than they did in the bottles. (Example: Liquid Lustre Gold appears as a darker copper when swatched but looked like a light pink on my cheeks.)
Browse all of our Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter swatches.