Makeup Geek Tawny Bronze Luster Review, Photos, Swatches
Makeup Geek Tawny Bronze Luster ($22.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark brown with subtle, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had good color coverage in one layer, though it was easily diffused and sheered out if desired. The consistency was smooth, finely-milled, and almost cream-like without being too dense or too softly pressed into the pan. The new, powder bronzing formula is supposed to give the skin a “sun-kissed glow” but doesn’t say much else. The powder sat well on the skin and had a subtle, natural finish rather than totally matte but did not read shimmery. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $68.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tower 28 Pacific Coast (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $68.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Caramel Cutie (P, $30.00) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Park Ave. Princess #2 (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop In It to Win It (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Java Sun (LE, $65.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Matte Bronze (LE, $70.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Afternoon Delight (P, $8.00) is lighter (85% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
This would look great on darker skintones!
It should work well for medium and medium tan skin!
I think that this would be a perfect bronzer for my skin tone. I’m a NC45, and I’ve been having a hard time finding a suitable bronzer for my skin tone without a lot of shimmer.
It might! Makeup Geek also has one deeper, in case you want something darker than this one.
Too dark and tan for me but I bet it will be a popular shade!
There’s one lighter shade, so maybe that will work better for you!
Not sure how I missed this one! It looks just perfect for medium tones, especially if they have any olive going on as this one also has a bit of an olive cast to it.
Is it darker than Urban Decays beached bronzer in bronzed? It’s my favourite bronzer but too light for summertime.