Makeup Geek Rekindle Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium, rosy copper with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It looked pinker in the pan, and then it looked lighter on than in the pan, so it was rather different applied than merely viewed in the compact! The finish had a very strong sheen to it, but it was smooth and did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. On my skin tone, I saw a touch of color, but it worked mostly as a highlighter.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The highlighter had great color payoff with a soft, smooth, slightly dense texture that wasn’t too soft or too firm to the touch. It didn’t kick up an excess product in the pan, but it wasn’t difficult to blend; in fact, it easily diffused and spread across the skin. I noticed a bit of fading after eight hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bobbi Brown Sunset Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Bold Spirit (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Rosewood Glow (05) (P, $48.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Venom (P, $7.50) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- JD Glow Essence (P, $16.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Talk of the Town (LE, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Opal Glow (LE, $48.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Modern Mercury (LE, $65.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.