Makeup Geek Lit Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a very light white with a hint of warmer, yellow shimmer and shine. There was supposed to be a “peachy-pink” duochrome to it, but I had a lot of trouble picking it up, even as I contorted my arm to try and find the shift. There is something there, but it seemed more like a warmer, light peach that kept it from looking really white against my skin.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The highlighting powder had good pigmentation–not quite opaque but definitely buildable–while the consistency was soft, smooth, and blendable. It had a nice formula that was forgiving on the skin, as it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture, and could be applied with a lighter hand or a heavier hand and diffused with ease. I was able to wear the highlighter for eight hours before I noticed any signs of wear.
- Milk Makeup White (LE, $30.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Strobe White (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Ibiza (Left) (PiP, $44.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Perilune (DC, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Santorini (LE, ) is more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Ghostlight (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Electrify (P, $20.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Ice Kiss (P, $9.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Let It Rock (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Or Blanc (LE, $70.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)