Makeup Geek Ignite Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium-dark, coppery bronze with warm, reddish undertones and a metallic sheen. The color looked redder and less brown when it was worn at semi-sheer coverage, even on my warmer skin tone. It looked less bronze and more coppery applied–not a bad thing, but it might not be what you’re looking for either.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” Ignite had a very soft, smooth texture that felt denser than most of the brand’s powders (for eyeshadow, blush, etc.) but not as dense as their Foiled eyeshadows (which have a creamier, thicker feel overall). I had no issues with the powder getting on the brush, but there was no excess product kicked up in the pan either. The powder was richly pigmented and blended out with ease on the skin, which made it easy to work with at sheerer coverage levels, if desired. I saw a bit of fading along the edges after eight hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bobbi Brown Bronze (P, $46.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #21 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Glo Up (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Chocolate Geode (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Firework (P, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Divine (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Watch Me Werk (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)