Makeup Geek Firework Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is muted, dark coppery brown with warm, orange undertones and a luminous sheen. The finish was highly reflective, mostly metallic, but it didn’t emphasize pores, which was surprising. It also appeared lighter and gave more of a golden sheen when applied with semi-sheer to medium coverage (I used a fan brush), while applied with a denser blush brush made it appear darker overall.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The highlighter was intensely pigmented, true to description, with a soft, light-medium dense texture that wasn’t too soft or too firm in the pan. The powder applied well to the skin, blended out with minimal effort, and had a luminous sheen. On me, the color wore well for eight and a half hours before starting to fade.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Ablaze (P, $20.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Ballerina (P, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Lustre Gold (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Glo Up (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay PSA (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Ignite (P, $20.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Lancome Rosegold Lights (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)