Makeup Geek Burnished Bronze Luster ($22.00 for 0.31 oz.) is dark brown with subtle, warm olive undertones–it had a stronger muted, yellow undertone–paired with a mostly matte finish. The new, powder bronzing formula is supposed to give the skin a “sun-kissed glow” but doesn’t say much else. It had rich color payoff where a little went a long way, but the powder had a smooth, finely-milled feel to it that made it easier to control how much product transferred onto the brush to avoid over-applying.
It did not blend out quite as easily as I anticipated, as it seemed to sit in my pores a bit so it did not look as even as I would have liked. This did not happen consistently–one day it did, the next day it did not, both times were applied with the same product over bare skin! The color stayed on well for eight hours on me.
- ILIA Uptown (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Caramel Delight (P, $16.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tower 28 Pacific Coast (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Sunset (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Baiana Bronze (LE, $28.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Gingerbread (LE, ) is more muted (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Chocolate (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (04) (P, $40.00) is lighter, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Stila Sending My Love Bronzer (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).