Makeup by Mario Medium Dark Soft Sculpt BronzerMakeup by Mario Medium Dark Soft Sculpt Bronzer ($28.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium brown with muted, warm, slightly red undertones and a mostly matte finish. It had very faint gold micro-pearl throughout, but it didn’t translate on my skin. The texture felt soft and finely-milled, though it was moderately powdery and on the thinner side overall.
Thankfully, the thinness didn’t translate into application or texture issues; both of which I’ve experienced in the past with similarly-textured bronzers where they can emphasize my skin texture and look dry/parched on my skin. The bronzer had medium, buildable pigmentation that lasted well for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LYS Beauty Harmony (P, $18.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Acoustica (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Soft Bronze (03) (P, $48.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Deep Bronzer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Huda Beauty Medium (P, $31.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Shady Biz (P, $30.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #3 (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Peppermint Mocha (LE, ) is warmer (80% similar).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "soft, smooth" consistency that delivers "buildable" coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn't enough to be messy or difficult to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn't have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Silica, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Water/Aqua/Eau, Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.