Makeup by Mario Light Soft Sculpt Bronzer Review & Swatches
Makeup by Mario Light Soft Sculpt Bronzer ($28.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a very light brown with subtle, golden yellow undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer to medium, buildable pigmentation, which was as marketed, that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out well.
The texture was smooth, silky, and somewhat powdery in the pan, but it was surprisingly not dry or dusty on my skin, though the finish itself was very matte and flat. It stayed on well for seven and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Contour (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) (P, $55.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Tres Modern (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Burberry London With Love (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze (Original) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "soft, smooth" consistency that delivers "buildable" coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn't enough to be messy or difficult to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn't have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Laureth-23, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract [Vitis Vinifera Extract], May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
Fresh, I hope that the darker shades aren’t this flat and dry looking! Although, perhaps on my oilier skin it may not look quite so blah?