Makeup by Mario Dark SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer ($30.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with subtle, warm red undertones and a dewy finish.
- Semi-sheer to medium, buildable coverage
- Lightweight, balm-like with high slip and glossier finish (no dry down)
- Blendable over bare skin and on top of foundation without lifting it up
- Lacked longevity (4 to 5 hour-wear), tendency to slide
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Intensity 2 (Contour) (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Laguna 04 (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Endless Summer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Crown (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Sweet Tea (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Soleil Tan Deep Bronze (P, $50.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Kosas Medium (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$30.00/0.18 oz. - $166.67 Per Ounce
It's supposed to be a "weightless balm" that "warms, tints, and evens tone" that delivers "sheer coverage" with a "dewy finish." The key takeaway from the description is it is quite dewy--there was no dry down, so the product remained moderately emollient and almost a litte glossy on the skin. For better wear, I'd definitely recommend setting it (the brand seemed to set with the coordinating powder in the range).
The consistency was lightweight, emollient, and spreadable without being prone to lifting up base products. They had sheer to semi-sheer, somewhat buildable coverage that applied evenly to bare skin and over foundation. I found that they were pretty much balm-based bronzers as they were definitely warm-toned, and it jived with how the brand said to apply it (onto the perimeter of the face). The brand even recommends to go "one shade deeper" for "even more warmth."
They lasted five to six hours on bare skin with a tendency to slide downward, which wasn't ideal. I would be particularly worried about wear for someone with an oilier skin type as I am normal-to-dry.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer swatches.
C15-19 Alkane, Octyldodecanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Synthetic Wax, Raphanus Sativus Seed Extract (Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Extract), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Mica, Silica Silylate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Rice Bran Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Oryza Sativa Bran Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract) [May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.