Make Up For Ever B208 Artist Face ColorMake Up For Ever B208 Artist Face Color ($23.00 for 0.17 oz.) is soft, light-medium pink with subtle, warmer, yellow undertones and a satin sheen. It had excellent pigmentation in a single layer, though I found the denser texture to be forgiving–I could easily use less product for sheerer coverage or build up in layers. There was no powderiness in the pan yet the powder blended out easily on the skin and sat incredibly well on it. One thing I noticed with the color was that it seemed to darken just slightly on my skin after a few minutes, so it read brighter applied than initially swatched (but it seemed truer-to-pan color). It wore well for almost nine hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Zoeva PK030 (P, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Sugar or Syrup (LE, $24.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Pink (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Launch Away (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Floral Pink (844) (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Pink Sand #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Zoeva PK020 (P, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Spoiled (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Burberry Misty (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Lotus Blossom (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$23.00/0.17 oz. - $135.29 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense color payoff" with a "long-lasting finish." The range is split into three types--Highlighters, Sculpting Powders, and Blushes--that is easy to determine by the first letter of the shade name (H for Highlighter, S for Sculpting, and B for Blush).
There are three finishes--matte, shimmer, and pearl but was less obvious. In fact, the majority of the "matte" shades were more like semi-matte or natural matte where there were no distinctive shimmer particles but they seemed to take on the natural finish of the skin, which gave the "mattes" a particularly seamless finish on the skin but might be dewier on oilier skin types than desired. None of the 34 shades available were frosted or metallic except three of the highlighters (H100, H106, H312).
The pigmentation ranged from medium to opaque, depending largely on the shade, though they were always buildable if they were not opaque in a single layer. Some of the deeper, more matte shades were less forgiving and took more effort to diffuse and blend, even when I used a lighter hand or a more feathery brush. The texture was smooth, velvety, and moderately dense without any powderiness or dustiness in the pan. The formula has lasted between eight and ten hours on me.
Browse all of our Make Up For Ever Artist Face Color - Blush swatches.