3 Gold Champagne
Make Up For Ever 3 Gold Champagne Star Lit Liquid ($24.00 for 0.15 fl. oz.) is a light, champagne gold with warmer undertones paired with copper, gold, pink, and silver glitter. This one read warmer on the skin compared to the first two shades in the range, as it had noticeable copper glitters (and it seemed more dominated by gold glitter overall). This one seemed to have more of the finer particles that made it slightly easier to use as well.
The Star Lit Liquid formula is described as a “lightweight, multi-use, pearlescent formula” that is a “sheer, water-based formula” that is buildable and won’t feel sticky on the skin. If you like a subtle highlighter, this formula is not for you. And if you don’t like glitter, this formula is definitely not for you! If you like glittery highlighters, I think this might be up your alley. The consistency was thin, water-like, and felt cool going on. The applicator is a lot like a nail polish brush, and it’s okay for getting initial color onto an area, but it is not practical to use it as a blending tool or anything like that. I had the best luck using my fingertip to pat and spread the glitter on the skin (cheeks or eyes) as a sheer wash.
3 Gold Champagne was very similar to the other shades that I’ve tested–a thin, water-like consistency that goes on wet and cool to the touch but dries down within five to seven seconds to a non-sticky, fully dry finish. I recommend working one section at a time, and as it is a sheer product, I liked fingertips for spreading for the most control. The formula was somewhat buildable, but we’re talking sheer to medium coverage, at the most, or else it felt really thick and didn’t dry down as evenly (particularly so on the eyes, as it can had a tendency to crease as it was drying).
When I tried it as a highlighter on my cheeks, the product wore decently for eight hours, but there had been some glitter that had migrated through the day to other areas of my face (like above my lip, nose). As an eye product, it creased after seven hours of wear and had minor fallout. If I were to use this on the lids (just normally, not for testing specifically), I’d pat it over another powder eyeshadow and just keep it on the mobile lid.
- NARS Star Babe (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Gold Glitz (LE, $32.00) is more muted, less pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 4 Golden Peach (P, $24.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium-Nude (PiP, ) is lighter, more muted (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Courreges (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Born to Dazzle (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Nightlight (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Tarte Gator Wings (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Tarte Sparkler (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker, more pigmented (80% similar).