2 Pink Beige
Make Up For Ever 2 Pink Beige Star Lit LiquidMake Up For Ever 2 Pink Beige Star Lit Liquid ($24.00 for 0.15 fl. oz.) is a very light pink with warmer undertones and multi-colored glitter. It doesn’t add real color on my skin tone, and instead, it’s more like a wash of multi-colored sparkle and glitter on the cheeks (or eyes).
The Star Lit Liquid formula is described as a “lightweight, multi-use, pearlescent formula” that is a “sheer, water-based formula” that is buildable and won’t feel sticky on the skin. If you like a subtle highlighter, this formula is not for you. And if you don’t like glitter, this formula is definitely not for you! If you like glittery highlighters, I think this might be up your alley. The consistency was thin, water-like, and felt cool going on. The applicator is a lot like a nail polish brush, and it’s okay for getting initial color onto an area, but it is not practical to use it as a blending tool or anything like that. I had the best luck using my fingertip to pat and spread the glitter on the skin (cheeks or eyes) as a sheer wash.
The consistency is watery but dries down quickly to a non-sticky finish. I felt like I had just enough time to spread it out before it dried down completely, but I recommend working one area at a time. It looked subtle at a glance and in photos, because it had a sheerer coverage level (sheer to medium, at most) and doesn’t have a the fully reflective finish as a traditional powder highlighter, but in person, the glitter catches light and moves more. I could see this working well lightly patted over a blush or another highlighter for an extra kick, which I think helps this product look more cohesive on the skin (as well as on the eyes).
As a cheek highlighter, it lasted for eight hours with some of the glitter had traveled noticeably from where I had initially applied it. As an eye product, it held up fairly well and didn’t start to crease until after seven hours of wear, but there was a bit of fallout–not bad but definitely a bit.
- Make Up For Ever 5 Silver Dust (P, $24.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #01 (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Supermoon (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Smashbox Rose Glitz (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Pandora (P, $7.50) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Stunner (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Anastasia Crushed Pearl (LE, ) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Rave (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented, warmer (80% similar).