LYS Beauty Worthy No Limits Matte Bronzer ($18.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a deep brown with neutral-to-cool undertones and a matte finish. It had medium, buildable pigmentation–it was the only shade that really lived up to the brand’s “ultra-buildable” claim!–with a soft, slightly powdery and drier texture.
This shade seemed a little less forgiving when I blended it out over bare skin as it seemed more prone to adhering to any natural oils on my skin, which resulted in a darker area that wasn’t as blendable. I’d recommend applying it over a matte finish, whether that’s set skin or a matte foundation, as it blended out beautifully that way. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Intensity 3 (Contour) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Mented Cosmetics Out of Office (P, $22.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Hoola Toasted (P, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Salt New York Deep (P, $16.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Cocoa Goddess (P, $16.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- elf Beach Please (P, $7.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Toffee Tease (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Chocolate (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Iconic London Sunset Bronze (P, $27.00) is brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Coloured Raine Mocha Queen (P, $16.00) is warmer (85% similar).
$18.00/0.23 oz. - $78.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-buildable" and be "easy-to-blend." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the softer consistency made it possible to pick up less product for an "ultra-buildable" application if desired. The texture felt velvety and finely-milled in the pan, but there was a little dryness, too. There was a bit of excess powder kicked up in the pan.
They applied better than anticipated, as the formula seemed to soften on my skin and did not appear dry. Most of the shades applied well over bare skin as well as over foundation, but I noticed the deeper shades were more blendable over a more matte finish, though, whether that meant matte foundation or over a setting powder, as they sometimes darkened or applied heavily to one area and did not blend out as readily from there. The bronzers wore well for eight hours on me overall.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty No Limits Matte Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecanol, Isononylisononanoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol. May Contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.