LYS Beauty Strength No Limits Matte Bronzer ($18.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with subtle, warmer rosy undertones paired with a matte finish. The rosier undertone came through during application when blended out. The texture was soft, lightly powdery, and smooth with a more substantial feel to it. The powder felt drier to the touch than I would have expected, which gave me pause about how it would look applied, but it blended out nicely and sat well on bare skin.
It had rich color coverage, which was far more pigmentation than marketed, but it may not be a deal-breaker for some. I felt like the softer, lightly powdery texture made it easier to use with a lighter hand, so more buildable coverage–starting from more medium coverage–was doable. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Laguna 03 (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Matte Bronze (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Jawbone (LE, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Backyard Bronze (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Dame (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Afternoon Delight (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Sun-soaked Strip (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Viseart Enamored (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Light (02) (P, $62.00) is more shimmery, darker, more muted (85% similar).
$18.00/0.23 oz. - $78.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-buildable" and be "easy-to-blend." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the softer consistency made it possible to pick up less product for an "ultra-buildable" application if desired. The texture felt velvety and finely-milled in the pan, but there was a little dryness, too. There was a bit of excess powder kicked up in the pan.
They applied better than anticipated, as the formula seemed to soften on my skin and did not appear dry. Most of the shades applied well over bare skin as well as over foundation, but I noticed the deeper shades were more blendable over a more matte finish, though, whether that meant matte foundation or over a setting powder, as they sometimes darkened or applied heavily to one area and did not blend out as readily from there. The bronzers wore well for eight hours on me overall.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty No Limits Matte Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecanol, Isononylisononanoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol. May Contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.