LYS Beauty Confident Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream BlushLYS Beauty Confident Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush ($16.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark coral with warmer, more orange undertones and a satin finish. It was richly pigmented, as marketed, but it was easy to work with and more versatile as the formula enabled one to use less product for sheerer, more buildable coverage or to easily diffuse and blend out when starting with higher coverage.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and somewhat emollient, but it was creamier to the touch than it was on my skin as it felt more like a cream-to-powder after 10 seconds or so. It applied well on bare skin as well as over foundation as it was not prone to lifting it up. This shade stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Cover FX Spiced Cinnamon (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Torrid (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Thinking of You (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Palatial (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tarte Vibrant (LE, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- theBalm Balm Springs (P, $21.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Coastline (LE, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty The Afternooner (Blush) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- KIKO 108 Orange Coral (DC, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$16.00/0.23 oz. - $69.57 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "high payoff" with a "satin-matte" finish that has a "natural flush." They were very pigmented but blendable and easy to control, so one could apply less and get sheerer, more buildable coverage, if preferred. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and had moderate slip but turned more powder-like--the "satin-matte" came through--as it was applied and blended out on my skin.
It didn't have a severe dry down, so it remained slightly movable as it dried down; it wasn't tacky or particularly dewy, so it seemed true to the "satin-matte" finish described (but wasn't so matte that it was dry or flat-looking on). They applied well over bare skin as well as over liquid foundation and set foundation. They wore between eight and eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush swatches.
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Mica, Synthetic Wax, Kaolin, Isohexadecane, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Di-C20-40 Alkyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Boron Nitride, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Persea Gratissima(Avocado) Oil, Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Oleate, Sorbitan Laurate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.