L’Oreal Fair Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Soft Matte Bronzer ($15.99 for 0.31 oz.) is a very light brown with subtle, warm undertones–not quite golden–paired with a natural matte finish. Ignoring the brand’s claims, it’s a lovely pigmented powder bronzer, but they had two claims that really torpedoed the rating.
- Opaque color payoff (supposed to be buildable)
- Smooth, velvety, not powdery
- Blendable, easy to apply
- Long-wearing (9 hours on average, supposed to be 24 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tan-tastic (Trio) (P, $49.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Haus Labs Light Level 1 (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Feisty Much (PiP, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) (P, $55.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Eternal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Avila Beach (P, $10.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Light (P, $31.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$15.99/0.31 oz. - $51.58 Per Ounce
The bronzer is supposed to have 24-hour wear that is "waterproof, heatproof, and sweatproof" with "buildable coverage" and a "soft matte finish." If we ignore the wear-time claim, it is a lovely powder bronzer with a smooth, velvety feel, high color payoff, and one that was easy to blend out and sat well on bare skin as well as on top of foundation.
The major place it lost points was in its wear, which was solid (about nine hours for most shades) but nowhere near 24-hours. I did not find it was sweatproof or heatproof--it definitely was worse for the wear after being out in the Arizona sun for less than a half hour (110+ degrees of dry heat).
Secondly, it was supposed to have buildable coverage, but they were quite pigmented on the whole. You could use a lighter hand to get more gradual coverage, but that is something that can be done with pigmented products in general.
If you love pigmented powder bronzers and aren't fussed about it not lasting for a literal day, the range is well worth checking out.
Browse all of our L'Oreal Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Soft Matte Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Zea Mays Starch/Corn Starch, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum/Fragrance, Isoceteth-10, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Barium Sulfate, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Tocopherol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Mica, Ci 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, Ci 77742/Manganese Violet, Ci 77007/Ultramarines Ci 15850/Red 7 Lake.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.