Lethal Cosmetics Ornamental Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) ($15.50 for 0.18 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark rosy plum base with soft, warm undertones and a luminous, golden sheen.
- Mostly opaque coverage (needed a very light hand to be buildable) — supposed to buildable
- Finely-milled, smooth, not too firmly nor too loosely pressed
- Blendable, easy to apply
- Long-wearing (9 hours typical for this formula)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Hourglass Euphoric Fusion (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Brut Flute (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Phytosurgence Fume (P, $17.07) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Isadora (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Dolly (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Tangled (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Dolce Vita (555) (P, $46.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Shiseido Berry Dawn (08) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Plum Foolery (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
- Dior Plum Pop (11) (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
$15.50/0.18 oz. - $86.11 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to blend "effortlessly" and "build" to a "luminous matte" finish and "any intensity with ease." In general, they had medium, buildable coverage that easily built up to mostly opaque to opaque coverage.
Per the brand, they recommend "tapping" rather than swirling one's brush, which I'd agree with for picking up more buildable pigment--swirling or heavier motions could yield more opaque coverage in one go (which could be desired).
The texture was moderately dense, smooth, and not powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, so the product picked up well with more feathery brushes as well as denser brushes.
As I applied the powder and buffed it into my skin, they had a more semi-matte to natural matte finish--not flat or dry but not overly shimmery either. They looked more "melted" on my skin, which gave them a better and more flattering finish applied. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Lethal Cosmetics Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) swatches.
CI 77019 (Mica), Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. [+/- (May Contain): Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 778161 (Tin Oxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.