Laura Mercier Inspiration Face Illuminator ($44.00 for 0.30 oz.) is a medium, rosy copper with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had medium, buildable pigmentation with a smooth, moderately dense consistency that was firm but not stiff to work with (it felt like a baked powder–a smidgen dry but not in a bad way) and blended out easily. The intensity and coverage were very much in line with the brand’s description, and as I layered the product on my skin, it became more shimmery and metallic, too. It semi-sheer to medium coverage, it had a soft glow that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight hours before fading slightly on me.
100% of the proceeds of this shade are donated to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund.
- Fenty Beauty Rose on Ice (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt (Bottom) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Maldives (P, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Taffy (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Smashbox Rosemantic (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Amber Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$44.00/0.3 oz. - $146.67 Per Ounce
According to the brand, Laura Mercier Face Illuminator ($44.00 for 0.30 oz.) supposed to be a “long-wearing, buildable” highlighter that gives a “natural-looking” glow. The formula was typically more buildable from medium to opaque coverage with a noticeable sheen that could get more frosted/metallic if applied heavily but didn't emphasize my pores. The texture was smooth and blendable, but there was a bit of dryness to it that seemed common to this type of formula (think MAC Extra Dimension, NARS Dual-Intensity, Estee Lauder Gelee, etc.). On my normal-to-dry skin, the highlighter tended to last around eight hours.
Browse all of our Laura Mercier Face Illuminator swatches.