Kaja Gleamy Glowy Stamp Liquid Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a natural sheen. It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to semi-opaque (two layers), which applied decently with the stamp for an initial layer but was best blended out with fingertips.
The consistency was lightweight, creamy, and wet to the touch, but it was quick to dry down to a more powder-like finish (but did not seem to be a true cream-to-powder as there was a noticeable dry down time after it came into contact with my skin). The glow was softer and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture but is best suited for someone who likes a less intense highlight. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Bullz Eye (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- MAC Gimme That! (LE, $34.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Morphe Extra (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Luna (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop A Smile and a Song (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Champagne Bubbles (P, $12.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Medium (02) (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Iced (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bliss (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$24.00/0.17 oz. - $141.18 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and blendable for a "natural-looking glow" with a cream-based (cushion) formula. It comes with a stamp applicator, which certainly deposits a star-shaped pat of product, but one can also use fingertips or a separate brush if desired! The stamp can work well for getting an even layer of product, but I preferred fingertips or a brush for diffusing and blending it out over my skin as the stamp was fairly firm and inflexible.
The texture was lightweight, very creamy and emollient to the touch, but it spread easily over bare skin and felt a lot less creamy as soon as it came into contact with my skin. I didn't find it was a true cream-to-powder formula, but did dry down fully and did not feel tacky. The finish was very subtle, which will work for those who prefer light sheen but not a lot of dewiness or noticeable shimmer.
The formula seemed to work well over bare skin as well as layered on top of foundation as it didn't lift away my base. The coverage was semi-sheer to medium, buildable (as described) and lasted well for eight hours before fading visibly.
There was a sweet, tropical fruit scent to the product, though I didn't notice it while worn.
Browse all of our Kaja Glowy Stamp Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Mica (Ci 77019), Caprylyl Methicone, Polybutene, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Wax, Dextrin Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Aluminum Hydroxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).