Kaja Atmosphere Mochi Pop Bouncy Blendable Blush ($19.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium coral with warm undertones that leaned slightly pink paired with a faint, satiny sheen. It had buildable pigmentation from medium to mostly opaque, while the texture felt smooth to the touch with the slightest sense of slip/wetness (as it is a hybrid “powder-gel” formula).
The blush applied well over bare skin with fingertips, as recommended by the brand, and well over liquid foundation but lifted up foundation that had been set with powder. It was very quick to turn to a powder-like finish–pretty much as soon as it hit my fingertip–and was a thinner formula, too, which isn’t quite as forgiving to work with than something with more substance. On my skin, it wore well for eight hours before I noticed fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Guerlain Gold Palette #7 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Winter 2018 (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Pampered (LE, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Holiday (2019) (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Natural (P, $11.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Hourglass Incandescent Electra (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Sunset #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced How Deep is Your Love? (P, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Warm (Winter 2016) Blush (LE, $60.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Pearlescent Pink (P, $2.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$19.00/0.15 oz. - $126.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "powder-gel" base that "feels like a cream and finishes like a powder" that provides a buildable "pop of color" and can be worn "on bare skin or over makeup." The pigmentation varied from shade to shade but was typically more medium, buildable in coverage and often depended on just how much product was picked up on fingertips (brand says to use fingertips to apply). The texture felt lightly emollient in the pot but was more powder than gel by touch as well as in practice (on cheeks).
It applied well over bare skin and was fairly forgiving over base products, but I would be careful about applying it over any matte or more powdered bases as I did feel like it created slight patchiness when applied over set foundation. The formula felt more powder-like but on the thinner side (which is why I don't think it played as well with more powdered surfaces). They lasted between seven and eight hours before fading noticeably on my skin.
Browse all of our Kaja Mochi Pop Bouncy Blendable Blush swatches.