Jouer Tan Lines Powder Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is medium-dark, coppery brown with warm undertones and a golden, metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented where a little went a long way, but the texture was still soft enough that I could use a lighter hand (or a more feathery brush) and get sheerer coverage if desired. The powder felt smooth to the touch, never powdery, and blended without nearly no effort on my skin. The only downside to this particular shade was that it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture when worn more heavily. It wore for just over eight and a half hours before I noticed it fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Coloured Raine Your Treat (P, $25.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Gold Rush (P, $6.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Aruba (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC My Mimi (LE, $45.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Bronze (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Ignite (P, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #21 (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing, highly pigmented" and have a "radiant finish." They are semi-opaque to opaque typically with a denser, creamier consistency that doesn't have any powderiness or dustiness to it. The powders apply well to bare skin, blended out easily, and tend to have a stronger, metallic sheen--definitely a more intense highlighter. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Jouer Powder Highlighter swatches.