Jouer Rose Quartz Powder Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light pink with warm undertones and a golden, metallic sheen. It’s the type of highlighter that imparts a touch of color on my skin tone but is mostly a highlighter–on fairer complexions, it might be a subtle blush as well.
According to the brand, it’s supposed to be a “creamy, powder formula” that is “long-wearing, highly pigmented” and gives a “lit-from-within glow.” It had very nearly opaque color coverage that applied evenly and smoothly to the skin; it was so finely-milled that it seemed to blend as I applied it, so it was nearly effortless to apply. The consistency was smooth, soft, not too firm or too loose in the pan, and sat well on the skin. I was surprised at how much reflective shine it had without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Burberry No. 03 Pink Pearl (P, $68.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Fair-Medium #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Manifest That (LE, $10.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Poker Face (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Pink Delight (008) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Devotee (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Spellbound Glow (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Maybelline Iridescent (100) (P, $9.99) is lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Certain (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Stunner (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing, highly pigmented" and have a "radiant finish." They are semi-opaque to opaque typically with a denser, creamier consistency that doesn't have any powderiness or dustiness to it. The powders apply well to bare skin, blended out easily, and tend to have a stronger, metallic sheen--definitely a more intense highlighter. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Jouer Powder Highlighter swatches.
MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM CALCIUM SODIUM SILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TIN OXIDE. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR [+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77499)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.