JD Glow Chaos Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is an iridescent pink that looked cooler and warmer, depending on the angle, with a subtle, peach shift paired with a sparkling, metallic finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation, though a lot of the coverage came from shimmer/sparkle rather than a strong base color.
The texture was smooth, lightly emollient, and not powdery but was still easy to pick up with a brush and blend out on my skin. It had a softer sheen than I anticipated based on initial swatches, so the metallic nature of the finish gets muted as the product is buffed into the skin (you’ll want a second layer to get it back). It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Maybelline Purple (100) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Cover FX Aurora (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Unicorn (LE, ) is less shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- ColourPop Spellbound (LE, $8.00) is less pigmented (90% similar).
- Cover FX Lunar (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Magic (LE, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Holo at Me (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Over the Moon (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Becca Aquamarine (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Dior Holographic Glow (006) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (80% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.