Huda Beauty Flora N.Y.M.P.H. All Over Highlighting Powder ($55.00 for 1.05 oz.) is darker, peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It has a more gel-powder hybrid formula, so the powder felt firmer, but smooth, without being stiff.
This type of formula works best with moderately dense brushes and may take a bit more pressure than softer formulas; the upside is that there’s no powderiness, which ensures the powder goes on smoothly, evenly, and almost “melts” into the skin as it is blended out. It had good color coverage in a single layer, which could be built up to full coverage. Layering did intensify the sheen, too, which was more of a moderate glow as one layer of product. It wore well for eight and a half hours and started to fade slightly after that.
As marketed, it is a gargantuan highlighter–over an ounce–and most highlighters range between 0.15 oz. and 0.40 oz. (on the larger side!). More for your money is only useful if it’s the type of product you’d actually use up, though; this type of size does ensure that it can be used with the largest of brushes for body highlighting–if that’s something important to you!
The design of the powder really lived up to promos–very dimensional, sharp, and detailed. The denser formula keeps more of the pattern longer than typical, though it does wear away!
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Mistress of All Evil (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Highlight (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Glow (Original) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Shiseido Solar Haze (05) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Guilded Glow (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Tarte-LIT (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
INGREDIENTS: MICA, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, GLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), XANTHAN GUM, SILICA, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77499).