Rose Gold Flash
Hourglass Rose Gold Flash Vanish Flash Highlighting StickHourglass Rose Gold Flash Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick ($42.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light-medium pink with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single stroke against the skin, which applied easily over bare skin or on top of foundation. The texture was lightweight with noticeable slip but not enough to be overly creamy or veering into greasy territory, so it was a cinch to blend out on the skin, had a natural, dewy finish, but had good staying power throughout the day as it did not migrate or slide around on me. This shade wore well for eight and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #16 (LE, ) is brighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (P, $42.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Luster (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Paradise Lust (Top) (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Starlight (LE, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia Starburst (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Ciate Moondust (P, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Rose Glow (005) (P, $50.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kosas 8th Muse (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$42.00/0.21 oz. - $200.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "long-wearing" that feels "weightless" on the skin. It is supposed to have a glow that is "seamless" and creates a "flash of light" and "intense payoff." It's a cream highlighter with a smooth, thin, and very lightweight consistency that has a touch of tackiness and never fully dries down on the skin, but it did not slide around during the day like I worried it might. It could be applied directly from the tube, but I did prefer using my fingertips to pat it onto the areas I wanted, as it made it easier to build up and diffuse along the edges. When applied from the tube onto the skin, it was definitely intense and opaque in a single layer, as described. There was a softly luminous sheen from it being a cream texture, but there was also a lot of shine from the shimmer, too. I found that none of the five emphasized my skin's natural texture, and they were easy to blend on bare skin as well as over foundation (liquid). They lasted around eight to nine hours on me before starting to get a touch patchy.
Browse all of our Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick swatches.
This long-wearing, innovative formula adjusts to your body temperature to blend effortlessly into the skin. Soft-focus technology creates a flash of light on the skin for a virtually perfect highlight every time. It’s also formulated with hollow microspheres for a weightless feel on the skin. The unique, triangular bullet is designed to give you the most precise application. Layer multiple shades to create your own custom shades and looks. Vanish™ Flash Highlighter is designed to work synergistically with the Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.