Guerlain Chic Tropic Terracotta Bronzing Powder ($78.00 for 0.60 oz.) blends together to create a medium, burnt orange with warm undertones and a satin finish. The gold was an overspray, but the coral pieces went through the powder, and while there were only five of them, they definitely influenced the more subdued brown bronzer portion.
The new, limited edition bronzer is a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale exclusive, and the “dual-color powder” is supposed to “warm all complexions” with a “hint of coral.” The powder was soft, lightly dusty but finely-milled and easily applied, spread, and blended on the skin. It had good pigmentation that was easy to control (by using a lighter hand or a denser brush) depending on your preference for coverage. I tried to get as much of the overlay off of the powder before swatching or using it, and it seemed like there was a natural matte finish in the end–not quite matte but not truly shimmery either. The powder sat well on the skin and lasted for eight hours on me. Guerlain adds fragrance to their powders, though this particular bronzer was less heavily scented than past special editions.
- MAC Refined Golden (P, $28.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gold Dust (P, $110.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Golden (LE, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Guerlain #02 (P, $53.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Burberry Copper Glow (P, $48.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (Bronzer) (-, ) is more shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Guerlain #03 (P, $53.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Zoeva Impossible to Move (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Scone (LE, $28.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Medium (02) (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).