Glossier Topaz Haloscope ($22.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a medium gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a fine, golden, dewy sheen. Straight from the tube, it had semi-opaque coverage that was buildable, while if I dabbed it on by getting product on my fingertip, it had more sheer to medium, buildable coverage. The texture was lightweight, moderately tacky, and just creamy enough to feel and blend out like a cream highlighter but seemed to stay in place better and was less prone to lifting up base products. The “coverage” seemed more apparent in person, as my camera picked up more on the dewy glow. The highlighter blended out easily and lasted for eight hours on me–even when I tested it over foundation.
- Becca Prosecco Pop (P, $41.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 13 (P, $62.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Fiji (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- L'Oreal Golden Hour (P, $14.99) is darker (90% similar).
- NYX Daytime Halo (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Topaz (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Becca Topaz (P, $41.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Twitch (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$22.00/0.19 oz. - $115.79 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a "hydrated, dewy finish" with an "otherworldly sheen that's never dry, never glittery." First, it's important to note that this product is not marketed as an intense, metallic highlight, and second, the other key takeaway is the use of the word "dewy." It's a luminous, pearlescent highlighter that is cream-based and has some tackiness on the skin, which helped it adhere and stay in place better without destroying base products (like foundation) over time while maintaining a true, dewy finish. Despite the tackiness, it felt very lightweight and worked well on bare skin or on top of foundation (even heavier, matte foundations). If you love glowing, lit-from-within and want some pearl and sheen, this formula just might work out for you.
Browse all of our Glossier Haloscope swatches.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Beeswax, Mica, Silica, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Topaz, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)