Glossier Play Platinum Rose Niteshine Highlighter Concentrate ($20.00 for 0.34 oz.) is a soft peach with warm undertones and a mix of multi-colored pearl and micro-sparkle. It had a smooth, fluid texture that was lightweight, thin, and a bit emollient without feeling watery or runny, which helped it sink into my skin and have a very smooth, high-shine finish but never entered pore-emphasizing territory. The pigmentation was buildable from medium to opaque, and the product was easy to apply to bare skin or over base products. I had no trouble spreading the liquid highlighter on my skin, and it blended out nicely along the edges. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading a touch.
- Dior #001 (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Anastasia Forever Young (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Precious Rocks (001) (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Opal Flashes Jade (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Year of the Pig (LE, $38.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Equinox (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glow Up (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Nude Glow (001) (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
$20.00/0.34 oz. - $58.82 Per Ounce
It's supposed to have a "superior, refined pearl powder" that gives it a "buildable" level of coverage (though it is also a "concentrate" so high coverage is possible!) and leaves behind a "foil-like finish that sets and lasts." The texture is lightweight, emollient; it almost feels like a very thin oil that sinks into skin quickly and leaves behind a fine, sparkling sheen that's both intense and subtle at the same time. The fineness of the pearl keeps it from looking frosted, and the mix in depth of shimmers gives it a very twinkling look regardless of the angle.
It dries down fast enough that I don't feel like I'm waiting for it to set, but I had enough time to apply, spread, and diffuse the edges (though I worked one cheek at a time). The pigmentation is buildable from more medium to opaque, but dabbing very gently and diffusing quickly could give sheer coverage if desired. They lasted eight to nine hours on me with minimal fading, and they definitely dried down and set--I could only get a bit off if I really, really rubbed (I tried this with product on the back of my hand--I can't imagine using that much force to rub anything on my face!).
The bottle is fairly small, so if you have larger hands/longer fingers and/or are clumsy, it might not be your best friend as it is a glass container (I've dropped mine a few times!). The doe-foot applicator is one of the better delivery systems I've seen for a liquid highlighter, as it gives less per pull and is more controllable compared to most (like droppers). There was no scent from what I could smell!
Browse all of our Glossier Play Niteshine Highlighter Concentrate swatches.
Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Squalane, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).