Glossier Play Deep Copper Niteshine Highlighter Concentrate ($20.00 for 0.34 oz.) is a light-medium, golden-copper with warm undertones and a fine, metallic sheen. It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, depending on how much was applied, and the doe-foot wand yields a good amount to play with initially. The more I blended it out, the warmer and more reddish-copper it appeared with a moderate, golden sheen where the light reflected off of (like the high points). The texture was very fluid, lightweight, and thin without being too watery that it became difficult to spread (and maintain some coverage). It dried down fast enough that it didn’t migrate while setting but gave me enough time to spread and blend out the edges for an even application of product. It wore well for nine hours before fading on me.
- Milk Makeup Glazed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Chasing the Sun (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Twitch (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Class Act (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Mimosa (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize (54) (P, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NYX Gold Rush (P, $6.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Jouer Skinny Dip (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Solar Crush (LE, $47.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Cover FX Sunkissed Bronze (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$20.00/0.34 oz. - $58.82 Per Ounce
It's supposed to have a "superior, refined pearl powder" that gives it a "buildable" level of coverage (though it is also a "concentrate" so high coverage is possible!) and leaves behind a "foil-like finish that sets and lasts." The texture is lightweight, emollient; it almost feels like a very thin oil that sinks into skin quickly and leaves behind a fine, sparkling sheen that's both intense and subtle at the same time. The fineness of the pearl keeps it from looking frosted, and the mix in depth of shimmers gives it a very twinkling look regardless of the angle.
It dries down fast enough that I don't feel like I'm waiting for it to set, but I had enough time to apply, spread, and diffuse the edges (though I worked one cheek at a time). The pigmentation is buildable from more medium to opaque, but dabbing very gently and diffusing quickly could give sheer coverage if desired. They lasted eight to nine hours on me with minimal fading, and they definitely dried down and set--I could only get a bit off if I really, really rubbed (I tried this with product on the back of my hand--I can't imagine using that much force to rub anything on my face!).
The bottle is fairly small, so if you have larger hands/longer fingers and/or are clumsy, it might not be your best friend as it is a glass container (I've dropped mine a few times!). The doe-foot applicator is one of the better delivery systems I've seen for a liquid highlighter, as it gives less per pull and is more controllable compared to most (like droppers). There was no scent from what I could smell!
Browse all of our Glossier Play Niteshine Highlighter Concentrate swatches.
Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Squalane, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tin Oxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).