Give Me Glow Dear Diary Dream Blush Review & Swatches
Give Me Glow Dear Diary Dream Blush ($14.00 for 0.34 oz.) is a darker, dusty p ink with muted, warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Opaque pigmentation (use a very light hand!)
- Finely-milled, silky consistency, not powdery nor stiff
- Applied evenly, blended out well
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop On the Horizon (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Persona Carmel (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Shame on You (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Juice Bar (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Cat's Eye (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Whole Nine Yards (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Free Spirit (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays #3 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Desert Rose (P, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Rose Petillant (330) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$14.00/0.34 oz. - $41.18 Per Ounce
The powder blush formula is supposed to have "extreme color payoff that blends with ease." The brand goes as far as to state that "all is needed is one to two very light dips in your pan."
The blushes were very pigmented with a smooth, finely-milled texture that felt silky, thin but not clingy, and actually blended out quite well. If you're going to have an incredibly opaque formula, blendability is what saves it, and it was especially noticeable (and critical!) given that the finish of the range was matte. Pigmented, matte blushes can be hard to blend without putting on translucent/setting powder underneath, but these blended out well over bare skin as well as on top of foundation.
While pigmentation and opacity can be needed for certain shades to show up on deeper skin tones, these were definitely extremely pigmented as marketed--a very, very little could go a long way and still yield nearly opaque coverage. I would recommend these for people who are comfortable using more pigmented products, tend to layer their blush, or have no issues diffusing and going back in to soften color if necessary.
Most shades in the range lasted around nine hours before it seemed visibly faded with a few shades lasting longer or shorter.
Browse all of our Give Me Glow Dream Blush swatches.
Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Kaolin Clay, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Microspheres, Mica (77019), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Zinc Stearate, May +/- Iron Oxides, Red 7, 27, 33, 40, Yellow Lake, 5, 6, Blue Lake 1, Chromium Oxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Looks just right to me! I’m still wanting Essence Beloved, though. Except for the fact that I would probably have to order it from Ulta, and we all know how horrible their shipping is.
What a lovely blush this one is! At a very reasonable price, a beautifully soft finish and a great rating.