Fenty Beauty Mocha Mami Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer ($30.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish-brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had a soft, lightly powdery texture–it was the softest powder in the range–that had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation, but it was definitely more pigmented than it was sheer or buildable. The color applied fairly evenly and blended out without much effort but did take a little more time to spread across my skin compared to some shades in the range (including the shade one step down from this one, Coco Naughty). The bronzer lasted well for nine hours on me before it started to show signs of fading.
- Colour Pop Rodeo Drive (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bits and Pieces (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Unleashed (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Maui Nights (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Endless Summer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Happy Hour (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Bronzed Bondi (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Bath (110) (P, $64.00) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Becca Malibu Soleil (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Tarte Crown (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$30.00/0.22 oz. - $136.36 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "long-wear" that is "transfer-resistant," "easy to blend, and "light-as-air" with buildable coverage that "is hard to overdo." The pigmentation was more medium to semi-opaque with some shades being nearly opaque in a single layer. For truly buildable pigmentation, I would recommend using a light hand initially or a less-dense brush to pick up and to apply the product.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and finely-milled without being too powdery, which did make it easier to control to build up coverage. Some shades were more blendable than others but none were difficult to work with. As these had a true matte finish, I wouldn't apply them over wet or still-drying foundation as that tends to make matte, powder products harder to apply and can also cause them to darken/look patchy. They applied similarly over bare skin (I'm normal-to-dry) as they did over foundation that was lightly set with powder.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me, and it didn't seem prone to transferring if I just dabbed at it with a napkin (transfer-resistant on a powder was an odd claim to see).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Myristate, Talc, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Mica, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Lauroyl Lysine, Water, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, Ci 77491, Ci 77492), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742).