Fenty Beauty Metal Moon Killawatt Freestyle HighlighterFenty Beauty Metal Moon Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter ($34.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a very pale white with warmer undertones and warm, golden pearl. It had the most subtle sheen out of all the currently available shades in the formula–more of a soft sheen than overt or over-the-top highlighter with very fine shimmer and no glitter/sparkle.
It had excellent pigmentation with a soft, smooth texture that wasn’t too soft or too firm in the pan, which made it easy to control the amount of product picked up on a brush. The powder blended easily on the skin and never emphasized my skin’s texture. It lasted for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Luminous (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Fanny Pack (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Givenchy Moonlight Saison (P, $52.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Ever Glow Lights (P, $6.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Jouer Ice (PiP, $24.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Ciate Rainbow (P, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- LORAC Starlight (P, $23.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Ritualistic (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Spotlight (P, $42.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- MAC Barely Dressed (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$36.00/0.28 oz. - $128.57 Per Ounce
The formula is described ranging from “subtle dayglow to insanely supercharged” with a “cream-powder hybrid” formula that feels “weightless” and is long-wearing. They can also be used on the eyes, body, lips, and so forth, per the brand. They feel like a traditional powder, but they have a smooth, moderately dense texture that doesn’t kick up a lot of excess product in the pan but also does not feel stiff or difficult to pickup with the brush. The finishes varied from shade to shade; where Metal Moon was the most subtle and had a satin-to-pearl finish, Trophy Wife was the most over-the-top with chunky, obvious glitter and less base color compared to the other shades.
The duos featured a light-to-moderate highlighter on the left and then a more sparkly, metallic highlighter on the right with the exception of Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule, where the left shade (Ginger Binge) was more intense (possibly owing to the richer color and payoff). In general, I found the left, more subtle side of each duo to be sheer to semi-sheer, somewhat buildable, whereas the right, more metallic side was substantially more pigmented. All of the more intense highlighters (Trophy Wife and the right side of the duos) did accentuate the look of my skin’s natural texture to some degree.
For use on the eye, they worked better with a slightly dampened brush, as it gave the powder a bit more binding powder for better adherence to the lid, but the ones I tried on the lid were blendable and easy to apply with no real concerns from the application itself other than the potential for fallout over time.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).