Estee Lauder Heat Wave Illuminating Powder Gelee ($47.00 for 0.24 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, yellow undertones and a metallic sheen. It had a smooth, dense consistency that felt firmer but not in a stiff way, though you’ll want to use a moderately dense highlighting brush to achieve even application as I found very feathery brushes did not pick up product as well. (I find that this type of formula, which feels like a smoother, more refined baked powder, often describe as a hybrid formula, has this denseness/firmness.) The highlighter blended out nicely and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture while still adding a lot of shine. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably. This shade’s “pink” rings seemed to dissipate after a use (swatched, applied, and tested after removing possible overlay/overspray).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Gilty (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Star (LE, $45.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Gold is the New Black (P, $28.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Boomin' (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, more muted (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Whisper of Gilt (P, $37.00) (100% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia 143 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Centerfold (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, BHT, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.