Estee Lauder Heat Wave Illuminating Powder Gelee ($47.00 for 0.24 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, yellow undertones and a metallic sheen. It had a smooth, dense consistency that felt firmer but not in a stiff way, though you’ll want to use a moderately dense highlighting brush to achieve even application as I found very feathery brushes did not pick up product as well. (I find that this type of formula, which feels like a smoother, more refined baked powder, often describe as a hybrid formula, has this denseness/firmness.) The highlighter blended out nicely and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture while still adding a lot of shine. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably. This shade’s “pink” rings seemed to dissipate after a use (swatched, applied, and tested after removing possible overlay/overspray).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Gilty (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Boomin' (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, more muted (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Gold is the New Black (P, $28.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Whisper of Gilt (P, $33.00) (100% similar).
- Anastasia 143 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Centerfold (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (DC, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, BHT, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)].