Essence Blooming The Blush ($2.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a light peach with moderate, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, but its lightness in color (period) is to the point where it just barely showed up on my skin tone, which make it a little harder to see the impact of on my cheeks (but it was there!).
The texture was soft, a smidgen powdery but not dry, and it had a touch of satin micro-shimmer in it as it seemed to read more semi-matte than full-on, flat matte when applied and buffed out on my skin. It wore well for seven and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Trifle (PiP, $12.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Blush Pink (LE, $35.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Zoeva Yet to Come (PiP, ) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B110 (P, $23.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Hold Me (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Summer Fling (LE, $22.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Kiss n' Tell (LE, $12.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Georgia (DC, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Nancy (Light) (DC, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Belle of Georgia (LE, $9.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$2.99/0.17 oz. - $17.59 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "silky-smooth texture." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the texture was soft and yielding, so it was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for sheerer coverage if preferred. It's just not a formula I'd inherently call buildable. The consistency was soft, a little powdery but not dry, and was blendable on my skin. They wore eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Essence The Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Stearate, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.