elf Sun Chaser Luminous Putty Bronzer Review & Swatches
elf Sun Chaser Luminous Putty Bronzer ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium, golden brown with strong, warm yellow undertones and a satin finish.
- Medium to opaque, buildable color coverage
- Lightweight, thin, and emollient feel (like a typical cream blush)
- Dried down to a satiny, semi-matte sheen with faint pearl/shimmer
- Applied well with fingertips or a brush without lifting up base products
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Go With the Glow (P, $5.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Stila Bronze (PiP, $32.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Iced Out (P, $34.00) is less pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow Take Me to the Tropics (P, $17.25) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kaja Chocolate Moon (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Luna (6.5) (-, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Awesome Blossom (P, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Bronzed (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Sunlight (P, $52.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. - $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "highly pigmented, creamy color" that gives a "natural, sun-kissed glow" with a "hint of shimmer." The shades had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to medium to fully opaque, though it was fairly opaque when iniitally applied--it was just very blendable to the point where it was better built up in layers. I'd recommend letting each layer dry down before adding another on top for more opacity, though.
The texture was lightweight, emollient, and like a gel-cream--spreadable without being too thick or too thin. I liked patting it on top of my skin using fingertips, but a synthetic brush also worked. I didn't have issues with it lifting up base products, thankfully. The formula turned more velvety as it dried down and did leave a more semi-matte finish behind after about 15-20 seconds.
The finish was subtly pearly and combined with the underlying semi-matte finish, it had the effect of a soft satin. Some shades were more pearlescent and truer to a satin finish, though. Most shades lasted around eight to eight and a half hours on me before showing signs of fading on me.
Browse all of our elf Luminous Putty Bronzer swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Wax, Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499), Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Perfect color and subtle pigmentation (and buildable), if only I could find Elf in Europe.
Oh man, do I love how this looks like one literally just got back from a beach trip! I have a bronzer in my Dior Backstage quad (#2 version?) that is my favorite bronzing blush, as it has a bit of dark rose pearl in it that’s only barely discernable.