elf Barbados Luminous Putty Blush ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium, rusty brown with strong, warm undertones and very fine golden pearl throughout that gave it a satin-like finish (but no dewiness or shine) when applied to skin.
- Medium to semi-opaque, buildable color coverage
- Lightweight, thin, and emollient feel (like a typical cream blush)
- Dried down to a more velvety, putty-like texture, then finally mostly matte
- Blendable in wet-stage, more prone to lifting up base products in putty-stage
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Flesh Beauty Glaze (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Jouer Terracotta Sands (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Coral Beams #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Got Change (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Perfect Bronze (Right) (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Give It Away (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hooked (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Darling (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Model (LE, $31.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Beach Bum (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. - $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "highly pigmented" and "creamy" with a "lightweight, buildable formula" that dries down to a "semi-matte powder finish." They were more medium to semi-opaque and buildable with respect to coverage, depending on how much product one picked up initially, but the formula tended to sheer out a bit in practice, so it was hard to overdo.
The consistency was lightweight, emollient, and thin with moderate slip, and as it dried down, it turned more velvety and "putty" like; I did find that I needed to work while it was in its wet-form as the "putty" stage was more prone to picking up base products or applying unevenly. Once applied and blended out, it had a more matte finish and was not dewy in finish nor tacky to the touch.
The shades lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our elf Luminous Putty Blush swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Wax, Silica, Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tin Oxide, Glycerin Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Orange 4 (Ci 15510), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.