elf Bahamas Putty Blush ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium orange with moderate, warm undertones–balanced between red and yellow–paired with a mostly matte finish.
- Medium to semi-opaque, buildable color coverage
- Lightweight, thin, and emollient feel (like a typical cream blush)
- Dried down to a more velvety, putty-like texture, then finally mostly matte
- Blendable in wet-stage, more prone to lifting up base products in putty-stage
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LYS Beauty Inspire (P, $16.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Warm Coral (30) (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- elf Isla del Sol (P, $7.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Apricot (P, $21.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Kosas Helios (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop So Cosmo (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Moira I Want You (P, $8.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Luster (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- LYS Beauty Classy (P, $16.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Phytosurgence Ember (P, $17.07) is cooler (90% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. - $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "highly pigmented" and "creamy" with a "lightweight, buildable formula" that dries down to a "semi-matte powder finish." They were more medium to semi-opaque and buildable with respect to coverage, depending on how much product one picked up initially, but the formula tended to sheer out a bit in practice, so it was hard to overdo.
The consistency was lightweight, emollient, and thin with moderate slip, and as it dried down, it turned more velvety and "putty" like; I did find that I needed to work while it was in its wet-form as the "putty" stage was more prone to picking up base products or applying unevenly. Once applied and blended out, it had a more matte finish and was not dewy in finish nor tacky to the touch.
The shades lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our elf Putty Blush swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 6 Lake(Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.