Dose of Colors Melonade Supreme Glow Highlighter ($28.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy coral with warm undertones and a pearly sheen. It had semi-sheer pigmentation, which was buildable on the skin for semi-opaque coverage. The consistency was firmer but still that creamier, denser powder that required a heavier hand or denser brush to really buff and blend out the color across the skin for even coverage and diffused edges. On my skin tone, this particular shade had a tendency to disappear so it may not be as detectable in photos as I would have liked but there’s a hint of color on the apples of my cheeks. The sheen was noticeable but did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight hours on before fading slightly.
The brand could really use a more informative description of the formula, as all I have to share with you is that it’s supposed to “apply weightlessly, creating an illuminated look.” I bought two shades (there are six available) to try and may eventually purchase the other shades but for now, I just have two (this and Gold is the New Black). The consistency (based on the two I have) is soft but powdery with a denser feel, almost like a part-powder, part-cream texture. I found that it did not apply as evenly as I expected and that typical highlighting brushes did not diffuse or buff the color in as well, and the formula worked a lot better with a dense blush brush. Once I switched up the tool, I found them easy to apply, but they are definitely denser and “thicker” compared to the average powder highlighter.
- MAC Nuanced (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia Hard Candy (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Kitty Kat (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Starlight (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Medium-Deep #2 (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Zanzibar (LE, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Summer Opal (LE, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- LORAC Sunlight (LE, $23.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Valley Girl (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
Alumina, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Mica, Zinc Stearate Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Dimethicone Silica, Iron oxides (CI 77491), Tin Oxide, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Lecithin.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.