Soft Sunlight (002)
Dior Soft Sunlight (002) DiorSkin Mineral Nude Bronze Bronzing Powder ($48.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy brown with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had a natural finish on my skin after it was buffed and blended onto my skin, as it was definitely not matte, but it wasn’t overtly shimmery either.
The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled with just a smidgen of powderiness in the pan (but not present on the skin). It had semi-opaque pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer, but it had the type of texture that was forgiving so I could use a lighter or heavier hand and achieve the coverage I preferred. It wore well for eight hours before starting to fade on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Golden Rinse (LE, $35.50) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Hourglass Nude Bronze Light (P, $52.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sunny Honey (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (01) (P, $40.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantric (P, $49.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Guerlain Clair / Brunettes (01) (P, $53.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Solo (-, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Illicit (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Perk Up (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$48.00/0.35 oz. - $137.14 Per Ounce
The newest iteration of the brand's powder bronzer is available in six shades. The formula is supposed to "enhance the complexion" with "golden or rosy hues [that] may be applied with varying intensity. Three shades have rosier tones (indicated by "Soft" in the shade name) and three shades have more golden tones (indicated by "Warm" in the shade name). The texture of the powders were excellent--soft, silky, and blendable--and easy to work with as I could easily use a lighter or heavier hand to achieve the right level of coverage, but I'd describe the coverage as semi-opaque in a single layer with a "normal" hand and bronzing brush (which are often denser). They lasted for eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Dior DiorSkin Mineral Nude Bronze Bronzing Powder swatches.