Bronze Glow (004)
Dior Bronze Glow (004) DiorSkin Nude Luminizer ($48.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium peach with warm undertones and a golden sheen. (Or, if you prefer, a very light copper with a reddish undertone.) It had rich color coverage paired with a smooth, moderately dense texture that wasn’t too firmly pressed in the pan that it was stiff to work with or hard to pick up product with a brush. Instead, it wasn’t powdery but sat really well on my skin and yielded a luminous finish that was glowing but not emphasizing of my skin’s natural texture. The highlighter wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Lethal Cosmetics Flare (P, $18.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Here Comes Joy (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Promise (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Smashbox Blow a Fuse Gold (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Into Eternity (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Indiscretion (P, $45.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora High Noon (P, $16.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Courchevel (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $28.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$50.00/0.21 oz. - $238.10 Per Ounce
It's a new line of powder highlighters that are supposed to give the "face a multidimensional glow" with a "high concentration of shimmering pigments." It's an update on their previous Luminizers but with lighter-weight packaging (and no included brush, which wasn't anything to write home about anyway!) and a lower price.
The ingredient list seemed to be the same, and by touch, they seemed to be nearly the same--I felt like the updated version seemed a smidgen drier/more firmly pressed but it was barely noticeable and a couple were a little lighter/darker swatched but may simply have reflected more or less light in the particular shot as there was little difference on my skin. They had medium to opaque color coverage that applied well, lasted for eight hours, and blended out easily. The texture was denser, smooth to the touch, but firmer (so no powderiness) but require a moderately dense brush and/or medium hand to pick up product.
Browse all of our Dior DiorSkin Nude Luminizer swatches.